International Yoga Teachers' Training Course (TTC)
Dates and location coming soon!
Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course
2024 in Spain
The goal of this training programme is to train qualified and inspiring yoga teachers who are able to draw on their own practice and personal discipline and share the yoga experience with others.
This course is suited to all yoga practitioners who seek a transformative experience in beautiful surroundings.
50 years of experience and more than 50,000 graduates
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga composed of 401 training units of 45 minutes’ duration.
- Certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organisation (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled “Yoga Siromani” and recognised by Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards.
- The course language is English. Some lectures will be in Spanish with simultaneous translation into English.
- This course was established in 1969 by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 51,000 graduates.
- A sincere desire to learn and openness to yogic techniques is required – a basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is preferred, but not essential. Students will develop the skills to teach yoga asanas and improve their own personal practice.
Yoga Alliance Certified 200-hour Training
To be announced
Become a yoga teacher
Transform your life and the lives of others
- Experience a month of inner development and a deep immersion into a holistic and integral yogic lifestyle.
- Meet like-minded people from around the world.
- Connect better with yourself, find deeper insight and mental strength through meditation.
- If you have a deep interest in yoga and want to take your yoga practice to a more meaningful level.
- You want to benefit from the guidance and support of experienced and inspiring teachers.
- Improve your asana skills during four weeks of intensive practice.
- With daily pranayama practice you will improve your physical and mental energy level.
- Experience deep relaxation and learn how to help others experience more peace in their lives.
What will I learn in the course?
The curriculum of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course (TTC) is based on the five principles of yoga, which can be understood as the practical application of the four traditional ways of yoga. Read more
How is the daily schedule?
The daily programme of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course is based on the five principles of yoga as taught by Swami Vishnudevananda. Read more
What do I need to bring?
Are you planning to take the Sivananda Teachers' Training Course? You will need to bring 3 study books with you. In addition, these are the recommendations on what to bring. Read more
What diploma will I receive?
Upon successful completion of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course, the 200h International Certificate of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Organisation certified by the Yoga Alliance will be awarded. Read more
Where will I stay during the teacher training?
What can I do on my day off?
The course timetable has one free day per week. On the free day you can go hiking, swim in the salt water pool or visit the attractive places in the surrounding area. Read more
“El yoga es un sistema de educación integral, no sólo del cuerpo y de la mente sino también del espíritu interior”.
~ Swami Sivananda
A seven day journey into the meaning of life
Special spiritual program with Bhagavatacharya Sri Venugopal Goswami, Vrindavan, North India
A seven-day recitation of the Srimad Bhagavatam to deepen the knowledge of the four classical yoga paths, whose wisdom is contained in this classical yoga scripture. This spiritual highlight is a special opportunity to experience first-hand the course curriculum topics pertaining to the traditional Bhakti Yoga culture of India.
Accompanied by live music: harmonium, vocals, bamboo flute, shenai oboe and tabla.
For TTC Spain
Swami Sivadasananda, Yoga Acharya, is a senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda and has taught at workshops and Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses around the world for many years. He is a dynamic, precise and knowledgeable instructor.
Swami Dayananda has been many years director of the Sivananda Center in Buenos Aires (Argentina) Teaches the Sivananda Teachers' Training Courses in South America and Spain.
Gopala is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and teaches anatomy and meditation in the yoga teachers' training courses.
Swami Santoshananda has served in many Sivananda Yoga Centres of Europe and is currently director of the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Madrid.
|Shared room (4 beds)||€|
|Double room shared bathroom||€|
|Double room private bathroom||€|
|Single room private bathroom||€|
DISCOUNT PRICE LIMITED SPACES: for students under 25, or the unemployed. Price reduction xxxx€ . Only in shared room. Valid student ID or unemployment card is required for verification.
Call +34 91 361 51 50.
What is included in the price?
Including room and board, examination fee, TTC manual, two yoga pants, two t-shirts. All rates include VAT.
Not included in the price: travel, excursions, the 3 books mandatory, material for kriyas, any other additional services.
One day a week
One day a week is free of lectures and classes. You will be able to enjoy the tourist attractions of the area.
How to get there
Click here to sign up
Please contact us with any questions:
Phone: +34 91 361 5150
WhatsApp: +34 654 38 99 70
After enrolling, please meet or telephone with the Sivananda Centre in Madrid (WhatsApp+34654389970). This is to gain a better understanding of the nature of the course and to answer any further questions you may have.
Reservation is firm with the downpayment of 600€ (100% refundable up to 4 weeks before the course starts). The second payment is due 4 weeks before the beginning date of the course.
Cancellation before the start of the course:
Up to 1 month before the beginning of the Course, full refund. I.e. up to and including 4 July 2023.
One month before and up to the day before the start date, refund with a penalty of 10%.
Departure during the Teacher Training Course:
For the yoga part:
If departure is within the first three days of the course, 500 euros cancellation fee.
After the first three days of the course: no refund will be made.
In case of early departure, the TTC manual and TTC uniforms (two T-shirts and two pairs of trousers) must be returned before leaving the course venue.
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY
The payment needs to be done on arrival day.
o Early departure from the TTC. Within the first 3 days, a penalty of 500€ will be applied. The departure must take place before 12h, otherwise this day will be counted as a penalty.
Once the course has started, no refund will be made.
If you leave on the day of the exam, there is no refund for that day.