Our commitment to you
This privacy statement is intended to inform users about how this website complies with the General Data Protection Regulation in terms of the type, scope and purpose of data collection and use of personal data by the website operator, the Asociación Centro de Yoga Sivananda Vedanta.
When visiting this website, the web server automatically records log files. These data includes, for example, browser type and version, operating system used, referrer URL (previously visited page), IP address of the requesting computer, server request date and time of access, and client file request (file name and URL). These data are collected only for the purpose of statistical evaluation. A transfer to third parties, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, does not take place.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. To the extent that we collect personal data, this takes place, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. These data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
Keep in mind that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) is subject to security vulnerabilities. Absolute protection of data from access by strangers is not possible.
What data do we collect?
We collect personal data in order to process your registration for an activity which has been advertised on our website or in our brochures. In particular, this includes attending a yoga class, workshop, or other event organized by the Asociación Centro de Yoga Sivananda Vedanta. This information – consisting most basically of name, address, telephone number and e-mail address – is considered personal data because it can be traced back to you.
When registering for one of our Yoga Teacher Training Courses, Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Sadhana Intensive or Yoga Further Training, we collect additional data relevant to course registration and course completion. These include health data and third party data (emergency contact details). You should therefore ensure that all information relating to third parties is provided by you with the consent of such persons.
By completing an application form or registering for one of our events by email, by telephone, in person or by post, you consent to the storage and processing of your personal data for the creation, implementation and processing of your booking.
Data transfer to third parties
We only transfer personal data to third parties for the fulfilment of a contract. This applies to the companies involved in the execution of a yoga vacation or a yoga teacher training, such as seminar hotels, credit card companies, payment service providers, banks or transfer services. The basis for the transfer is Art. 6 paragraph 1(b) GDPR, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or pre-contractual measures.
The transfer of your data to a third country without suitable guarantees is based on Article 49 paragraph 1(b) GDPR, which allows the transfer for the performance of a contract.
A further transfer of data will only take place if you have expressly consented to the transfer or if we are legally or officially obliged to do so, or if the transfer is necessary in connection with your use of the website.
Your data will not be transferred to third parties, such as for advertising purposes, without explicit consent.
Use of your data for advertising purposes
By post and by phone
In addition to processing your data to process your course booking, we also use this data to inform you by post about further offers. Furthermore, we use your data to inform you by telephone about related courses or further offers.
You may revoke the use of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. A text message (letter, email) is sufficient. Use the following contact information:
Asociación Centro de Yoga Sivananda Vedanta de Madrid, calle Eraso 4, 28028 Madrid
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and that are assigned to the browser you are using and that provide certain information to the entity that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They help make internet offerings overall more user-friendly and effective.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see a.)
– Persistent cookies (see b.).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular session cookies. These store what is known as a session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to a common session. This permits your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time from within the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser setting to match your preferences and e.g. decline to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. “Third-party cookies” are cookies that have been set by a third party and therefore not by the actual website which you currently are on. Please note that disabling cookies may not enable you to use all features of this website.
This page uses the Cookie Opt-in Cookie-Script from Objectis Ltd. For the purposes of statistics, a web beacon connects to the Cookie-Script server. When you accept cookies on this website via the cookie banner, you accept the Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is only activated with your explicit consent (opt-in).
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offering by users, to compile reports on the activities within this online offering and to provide us with other services related to the use of this online offer and Internet usage. In this case, pseudonymous user profiles of the processed data can be created.
We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the users will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The IP address submitted by the user’s browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; Users may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer as well as the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
The personal data of users will be deleted or anonymized after 14 months.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows us to manage so-called web site tags through one interface (including, for example, Google Analytics and other Google marketing services in our online offering). The tag manager itself (which implements the tags) does not process users’ personal data. With regard to the processing of users’ personal data, refer to the following information about Google’s services. Usage Policy: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/.
Google Ads and conversion measurement
We use the services of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 on the basis of our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online service within the meaning of Art. 6, para. 1 (f) GDPR), USA (“Google”).
We use Google’s online Ads marketing tool “Ads” to place ads on the Google advertising network (e.g., in search results, in videos, on websites, etc.) so that they are displayed to users who have a probable interest in the ads. This allows us to more specifically display ads for our online offering so that we only present ads to users that potentially match their interests.
Remarketing is when a user e.g. is shown ads for products he’s been looking at on other websites. This works as follows: when a user accesses our and other websites where the Google advertising network is active, Google will immediately execute a Google code and incorporate so-called (re)marketing tags (invisible graphics or code, also known as “Web beacons”) into the website. These enable an individual cookie, i.e, a small file, to be set (instead of cookies, comparable technologies can also be used). This cookie or file records which websites the user visited, what content interests him and what the user has clicked on, as well as technical information about the browser and operating system, referring websites, visit time and other information on the use of the online offer.
Furthermore, we receive an individual “conversion cookie”. The information obtained through the cookie is used by Google to generate conversion statistics for us. However, we only see the anonymous total number of users who clicked on our ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. We do not receive any information that personally identifies users.
The data of the users are pseudonymously processed within the Google advertising network. This means that Google stores and processes e.g. not the name or e-mail address of the users, but processes the relevant cookie-related data within pseudonymous user profiles. Thus from the perspective of Google, the ads are not managed and displayed to a specifically identified person, but to the cookie owner, regardless of who that cookie owner is. This does not apply if a user has explicitly allowed Google to process the data without this pseudonymization. The information collected about users is transmitted to Google and stored on Google’s servers in the United States.
Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and allows you to conveniently use the map feature.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data collected when visiting our website are transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you’re logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users on the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, for which you must turn to Google directly.
Disclosure, correction and deletion of personal data
You may request, free of charge, information about the data we store about you if you wish to verify what information we store about you.
You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete data that the Asociación Centro de Yoga Sivananda Vedanta has stored about you.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we would like to point out that the Asociación Centro de Yoga Sivananda Vedanta is subject to legal obligations that do not allow us to delete certain information immediately. These obligations result from accounting and tax laws. We may, however, anonymize your data, thereby preventing processing for purposes other than those required by law.
In addition, you can amend or revoke your declaration of consent at any time without stating reasons, with effect for the future. You can submit the revocation either by post or by e-mail to us. You will incur no other costs than the postage costs or the e-mail transmission costs according to the existing base rates.
A text message (letter, email) is sufficient. Use the following contact information:
Asociación Centro de Yoga Sivananda Vedanta de Madrid, calle Eraso 4, 28028 Madrid